Wednesday 28 December 2011

Eye of the Tempest by Nicole Peeler

Nothing says 'home' like being attacked by humans with very large guns, as supernatural halfling Jane True discovers when she arrives in Rockabill. These are professionals, brought in to kill, and they bring her love interest Anyan down before either of them can react. Seeing Anyan fall awakens a terrible power within Jane, and she nearly destroys herself taking out their attackers.
Jane wakes, weeks later, to discover that she's not the only thing that's been stirring. Something underneath Rockabill is coming to life: something ancient, something powerful, and something that just might destroy the world.
Jane and her friends must act, striking out on a quest that only Jane can finish. For whatever lurks beneath the waters of the Old Sow must be stopped ... and Jane's just the halfling for the job.


I had put off buying the last couple Jane True books purely because I don't like the new UK covers.









But I then realised that the US covers are also slightly different so I'll just have to live with change and I'll be buying the ones I've missed next week.

This book couldn't come soon enough for any Anyan fans (like me), because this is the one where we get some Anyan sex ..... or so I was hoping. But Nicole Peeler is a little tease in her writing, every time Jane (and I) get to close to some Anyan sex, we get interrupted! And oh boy, there's a good lot of Anyan in this book which pleases me to no end.

I had totally forgotten how funny Nicole's writing was. With Jane describing her fantasy of humping Anyan's kitchen stove (which sounds like me a bit), and lines like "Undulating is polite for greasy" when describing her hair. Peeler has a real talent for keeping a reader hooked in the story, there's always plenty of funny, snarky lines and the sexual tension between Jane and Anyan is .... well, amazing! But of course, I would love an Anyan of my very own so I may be a tad bias in my views.

If you like Urban Fantasy and you like hot smexy scenes, then pick up a Jane True book. Jane is a totally loveable and relatable lead character and she's so easy to slip into after a day at work.


Book Depository: Eye Of The Tempest
Amazon UK: Eye Of The Tempest

No comments:

Post a Comment