Tuesday 5 June 2012

Freakshow Volume 1 by Joe Suitor


Ape Entertainment's critically-acclaimed dark superhero epic is fully collected here for the first time!

When five refugee survivors develop horrific mutations from a devastating chemical explosion, they band together to seek revenge. But are they monsters… or heroes?


Release Date 23rd August 2012

I received this from Netgalley and was told it would just be a part of the book, not the whole thing. Unfortunately it was the beginning that had been cut out, my kindle started at 13%, so I'll admit to being overwhelmingly confused about what was happening.

Luckily for me, one of the characters decided to have a little trip down memory lane. The story seems like it could be interesting, trying to figure out the monsters from the villains, the monsters are only monsters because of something humanity done to them. From what I can gather, some scientist tried to create a superhero and ended up making some mutants instead. They, understandably pissed, want to kill said scientist.

I don't think this is the type of graphic novel I'll read, the artwork didn't do it for me. As much as the storyline interests me, I don't think I'll be reading this.


Book Depository: Freakshow Volume 1
Amazon UK: Freakshow Volume 1

No comments:

Post a Comment