Wednesday 8 September 2010

Moon Sworn by Keri Arthur

WARNING! MAJOR SPOILER FOR BOUND TO SHADOWS IN BLURB!!


Shape-shifting werewolf and vampire Riley Jenson is through with death - causing it, solving it, surviving it. Her soul mate Kye Murphy is dead - and at Riley's own hands. Not even the seductive embrace of her vampire lover Quinn can fully ease her mind, for she has begun questioning everything that makes her Riley - including her job at the Directorate.

But then ritualistically slain bodies of ex-cons start turning up. Reluctantly, Riley takes the case, but something even worse is waiting in the wings. For a vicious enemy from her past is determined to strip Riley of everything that gives her life any meaning: her lover, her twin brother - and even her own identity. Can Riley survive this ultimate assault? All she knows is, she must fight one last time to find answers, before everything goes dark for ever ...


Book 9 (and I believe the last book) in the Riley Jenson Guardian series. Ms Arthur is currently writing a spin off from this series introducing Risa as a main character.
This was a great end to a good series. I had started to lose interest in the series about 3-4 books ago because they seemed to be purely sex focused. I'm glad I hung in there and stuck with it because it picked up and focused on the story more in later books.
The only thing that put me off was all the self-loathing at the beginning and the 'woe is me, I killed my soul mate'. I get that that's a BIG thing in these books but it was kind of off putting and made me want to skip right to the exciting bits, luckily for me, Ms Arthur doesn't keep us waiting too long.

Overall, the book is funny and intriguing. Made me keep reading because I do like Riley as a character and I like reading her life and quips and relationships. Especially her relationship with her brother (who I also love). If you've read the others or even started this series and gave up, I strongly suggest finishing the series the way it was meant to be finished.

Rating 4/5


Book Depository: Moon Sworn
Amazon UK: Moon Sworn

2 comments:

  1. I finally have the book, now I just have to find time to read it! Thanks for the extra incentive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were a couple that I skipped, my interest was lagging. I did like this one and thought it was a good end to the series.

    And you added me to your blog list! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete