Friday 25 November 2011

A Devil Named Desire by Terri Garey

Forbidden fruit is always the sweetest...and no one knows that better than Sammy Divine. Once an angel, now cast down, Sammy's out to prove he's not the only angel who can be led into temptation...

Hope Henderson's sister has disappeared without a trace, and Hope will do anything to find her - even make a deal with the Devil. An ancient text holds the key to unspeakable power, and it's the Archangel Gabriel's job to make sure it stays hidden, even if he has to become mortal to do it. Lives, love, and the fate of the world hang in the balance, as Hope and Gabriel learn that when passion's involved, desire can be a devil that's impossible to control.


Release Date 1st February 2012

Look at that cover, that right there is the type of cover I hate. Half naked, weirdly built man with no face! Aside from that, from what I can gather this is possibly the 2nd (?) in a series from Terri Garey. I'm not entirely sure, there's no mention of it on her website but there is a book called Devil Without A Cause, which has a similar weird cover. Although, that book is listed as coming soon with a release date of May 2011 so I don't think the author keeps that up to date.

I wasn't entirely sure on this book, it took me a while to read it. In fact I put it down at one point and read a couple of other books before I picked it back up again. But I'm glad I picked it back up. Sam and Gabe are well written characters, as is Hope. The story is well told and quite interesting, with a lot of religious factors in there (that's where my attention lags a bit, sorry) to bulk it out. Although there were names even I recognised, like Pandora and Leviathan.

I wonder what it says about me when I like Samael a whole lot more than I like Gabriel. That can't exactly be a good thing, that I'm more drawn to the devil and the bad guy, can it? Either way, whether you like the goody two shoes guys or the bad guys, I think you'll enjoy this book.


Book Depository: A Devil Named Desire
Amazon UK: A Devil Named Desire

No comments:

Post a Comment