Friday 17 June 2011

The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney

Donna is a freak. An outcast. Branded with iron tattoos that cover her hands and arms, she is cursed with a magically-enhanced strength that she does everything she can to hide.

But now, the dark exiles of Faerie are coming and Donna must choose between saving her best friend - or betraying one of the world's greatest secrets.


This book has been sitting on my shelf since I bought it months ago, waiting to be read. It was one of those books I picked up on a whim and then every time I was going to start something new, it never took my fancy. I'm so glad I picked it up the other day ~ what a fantastic read.

The author manages to pull you in and still manages to give very little away! The story flows well and leaves you wanting more. My one big happy is that she leaves a few storylines open so I knew she must have other books planned, upon checking her website, I was pleased to discover that this is in fact the first in a trilogy.

It makes me very happy to know I'll be reading more of Donna, Nav and Xan. Very happy indeed!


Book Depository: The Iron Witch
Amazon UK: The Iron Witch

1 comment:

  1. Great review Night, pleased to see that you loved it as well.

    ReplyDelete