Thursday 21 October 2010

Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow


Dru knows that The Real World - peopled with ghosts, suckers and zombies - is a frightening place. She's ready to kill first and ask questions later, so it's going to take her a while to work out just who she can trust.

Dru Anderson has been 'strange' for as long as she can remember, travelling from town to town with her father to hunt down things that go bump in the night. It's a weird life, but a good one - until in an icy, broken-down town, a hungry zombie bursts through her kitchen door. Dru is going to have to use every inch of her wit and training. Can she stay alive long enough to fall for one - or both - of the guys hungry for her affections?


I'm a fan of Lilith Saintcrow's Dante Valentine series so I was keen to try her YA series. I can happily say I wasn't disappointed, I enjoyed the first in the series and I believe I have the 2nd already waiting on my shelf.

Dru is a likeable character, although her and her father sort of struck a Supernatural similarity for me. I found myself connecting with Dru, there was something familiar about her uncomfortableness around people.

I'm finding myself with a little crush on Graves, I seem to be developing a lot of new literary crushes lately. Probably due to all the new series I've been reading, good for my bookshelf but unfortunately very bad for my bank account.

If you're a fan of Lilith Saintcrow's other books then you should enjoy this one too. Her writing is well paced and keeps you hooked.

Rating: 4/5


Book Depository: Strange Angels
Amazon UK: Strange Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment