Tuesday 14 August 2012

Die For Me by Amy Plum

My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.

Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were moving to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my life would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.

Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, he put me in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen ... until I realised that Vincent Delacroix is no normal human - that he has a terrifying destiny and enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.

Can I risk everything for love?


Kate and Georgia move to Paris after their parents die. Georgia deals fine while Kate likes to stay inside but decides to head out and sees Vincent. Vincent is gorgeous, Vincent is mysterious, Kate insta-loves Vincent & Vincent insta-loves Kate. But Vincent's not a normal dude, he's a revenant. Basically an immortal - they die saving someone else or trying to save someone else and this makes them immortal except they have to keep dying to save people - they're compelled to do it. Kate's not sure if she can deal with losing Vincent so he promises to try and not die.

Another YA insta-love book. I don't mind girl meets boy, girl likes boy but insta-love is always unbelievable to me and I seem to be reading SO much YA insta-love lately and, at this point, it's getting boring. Also an overdone storyline is the hero/heroine finding out something HUGE about the heroine/hero and not really being all that shocked by it. I mean, she finds out he's an immortal and she handles it really well - she's not freaked out by this fact?

So, the bad guys in this book are called Numas ...... yup, numas. When Kate hears this word she shivers and thinks "Even the word sounds evil", wanna know what I thought when I read that word? This! Every time that word popped up, that popped into my head .... I frigging HATE that song!

On Amazon and Goodreads, I'll be giving this book a 3/5, purely because I DID like it. But no more than a like, purely because it has a lot of elements in there are fast becoming a YA "staple" and are fast boring me whenever I read them. Saying that, I will probably at least give the second book a try because, like this book, the cover is gorgeous and I TOTALLY judge books by their covers and these covers (OK, it's also the vaguely interesting storyline, I'm not that shallow that I ONLY buy based on covers!) are enough to keep my interest.


Book Depository: Die For Me
Amazon UK: Die For Me

No comments:

Post a Comment