Sunday 16 October 2011

Fractured Light by Rachel McClellan

Llona Reese is used to living on the run. After the Vykens killed her parents, she knew they would eventually come for her too. She can't take any chances. But when she starts to make friends for the first time in her life, she gets careless and lets her guard down. Big mistake.

As an Aura, Llona has the ability to manipulate light and harness its energy. This is the power the Vykens are after. This is what the Guardians are trained to protect. Christian has been waiting his whole life for the opportunity to fulfill his destiny as a Guardian, but Llona has other plans for him. Going against everything that she's been taught and defying the Auran Council, Llona convinces Christian to teach her how to use her power as a weapon. It may be her only hope of survival.


Release Date 7th February 2012

I loved the premise of this story! Although re-reading the blurb after reading the book, I'm surprised by the reveal of Christian being a Guardian, I felt it was a fairly large part in the story (for a long time I thought he was the bad guy).

I really enjoyed the idea of using light as a power and, eventually, a weapon. Although (this may be my darker side coming out) I prefer May's powers, and you'll need to read the book to find out what they are. Even though I felt the actual baddie was obvious (they, along with Christian, were my picks from the beginning), the actual big battle scene was still exciting to read and Rachel McClellan held off on the big reveal until the very last moment, which I liked.

I think this is definitely a must read for all YA and supernatural readers. It's a step from the normal YA books out there just now and I think it'll be a hit.


Book Depository: Fractured Light
Amazon UK: Fractured Light

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for reviewing my book! I didn't know people could do that yet.

    You're exactly right about the whole mention of Christian in the blurb. It is sort of a spoiler. I didn't even think about it at the time. I wonder if I can get the publisher to change it at this point in the game?

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total spoiler review! AH!! I hate spoilers but I wanted to see if you liked it, but you just gave it away for me...

    It's nice, if you have spoilers, to mark it before your review! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see anything in my review that's a spoiler.

    ReplyDelete