Tuesday 11 September 2012

Country vs Country - Mercy Thompson & Alpha and Omega

Here is my 4th cover vs cover post. This time we're going to look at Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson and Alpha & Omega series.

Above are the US covers and, as much as I LOVE Dan Dos Santos' artwork, I just can't find the love for these covers. I don't know what it is but I'm just glad I didn't buy these covers instead of the UK ones. Although given that the UK covers have changed (grrr) partway through the series, at least I would've had matching covers.

And these are the UK covers. I love the original ones but I really don't like the new covers .... nuh uh, just don't like 'em! I liked the original Mercy covers since they were all silhouettey and cool looking. And I liked the original Alpha & Omega covers because they were very mystic-y looking (if you know what I mean by that). I'm annoyed that the covers are changing, nothing bugs me more than my books being thrown out of whack.

No comments:

Post a Comment