Thursday 14 March 2013

300th Blog Post Contest


****THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED****

So as it's my 300th blog post, I thought I'd have a contest to celebrate it. But it's not going to be an easy one - oh no, no "comment to win" on here.

Below are some quotes - they are the first lines of the first books in some of my favourite series. Now, I have mentioned these being my favourite series at some point on here. Either in the review of one of the books or even in a specific Favourite Series post.

Let's begin!


1. I eyeballed the freezer, trying to decide what to cook for dinner that night.


2. "Bronwyn Alessia St.Vincent Clare!"

3. I have to.

4. The moment the door opened I knew an ass-kicking was inevitable.

5. Riley Blackthorne rolled her eyes.

6. "Come on!" Emma whispered from my right, her words floating from her mouth in a thin white cloud.

7. On the day Claire became a member of the Glass house, somebody stole her laundry.

8. Digging graves is hell on a manicure, but I was taught good vampires clean up after every meal.

9. No one knew better than Walter Rice that the only safe place was away from other people.

10. I felt her fear before I heard her screams.


And that's your lot. Some of them, I realise, are easier since names and such are mentioned but I feel they make up for the slightly harder ones of the list.

Rather than list the answers in the comments - which makes it too easy to cheat if you don't know the answer - I'd like you to email your answers to thoughtsofascot@gmail.com - I want the book titles, not the series.

The winner will be the person with all answers correct or highest number of correct answers. In the event of more than one winner, I'll randomly select a winner.

Now for the prize! The winner will receive their choice of the books to the value of £15 - open to any country that Book Depository delivers to.

So good luck to all who enter and the contest will run until 28th March.


****THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED****

No comments:

Post a Comment