Monday 4 April 2011

Photographs and Phantoms by Cindy Spencer Pape

Brighton, 1855

As a member of the Order of the Round Table, Kendall Lake is overqualified to be investigating strange phenomena at a seaside photography studio. But since the photographer is related to the Order's most powerful sorcerer, Kendall reluctantly boards a dirigible to Brighton.

Amy Deland is haunted by a shadow that appears in some of her recent portraits. In each case, the subject died within days of the sitting. Does she have her grandmother's gift of foresight, or has she somehow caused the deaths?

As Kendall and Amy search for answers, their investigation draws them together in a most improper way-but it seems the evil presence in the studio is determined to keep them apart...


Release Date 25th April 2011

A sequel/companion to Steam & Sorcery. Set in the same time span with the Order of the Knights of the Round Table investigating some more weird goings on.

The characters in Steam & Sorcery are mentioned at the beginning and then they actually make an appearance a little later on. I liked Amy straight off, I always like characters that break from the norm. Plus I like to think that if I had lived in that time, I'd be more like Amy and less of an actual lady!

I like a strong leading man but I really can't fall in love with the oldy-timey men. I like a manly man and books set in bygone years never have manly men. But still I like to read the pretty words and hope for more.


Amazon UK: Photographs & Phantoms

No comments:

Post a Comment